Eggs are among the most nutritious breakfast foods. Though it’s true that egg yolks are rich in cholesterol, many studies find that the type of cholesterol found in eggs has little effect on raising levels of LDL, or “bad,” cholesterol. Not to mention, eggs are rich in protein, help sustain you longer than cereal and oatmeal, and have even been shown to positively impact weight loss for dieters.
Now that you’re craving a heaping bowl of eggs, check out this tasty recipe from Cookie and Kate for the Best Scrambled Eggs Ever! This recipe puts a twist on classic scrambled eggs, with spinach, goat cheese, green onion, and sun-dried tomatoes for even more flavor.
• 8 large eggs
• 1 cup whole milk or milk of choice
• Pinch of fine sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
• 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
• ½ cup chopped green onion, mostly green parts
• 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and roughly chopped
• Optional, for serving: flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top, toasted whole-grain bread
1. Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the milk, salt, and about 10 twists of black pepper. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly combined and yellow. Be sure to have your remaining ingredients prepped and ready because this recipe comes together quickly once you start cooking.
2. Warm a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
3. Add the spinach and cook, stirring with a silicone or rubber spatula, until the spinach is wilted and bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Pour the eggs into the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Use your spatula to gently stir the eggs around the skillet until the eggs are clumpy but still slightly wet, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the goat cheese, green onion, and sun-dried tomatoes, and gently stir to combine. Divide the mixture into bowls. Sprinkle lightly with optional flaky sea salt and serve with toast if you’d like. Serve promptly. Yields four servings.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Sapphire Apartments in San Antonio, Texas.