If you have sensitive skin, you likely deal with dryness, redness, discoloration, and general irritation on a daily basis – that is, unless you have your skincare routine down pat. For many of us, though, using the wrong products with harsh chemicals and other irritants are at the root of this problem. Treat your skin to improved health by consciously avoiding or seeking out these skincare ingredients.
Ingredients to avoid:
• Alcohol. Alcohol dries out the skin, paving the way for further problems.
• Added fragrances. Unnecessary, unnatural fragrances can cause chemical reactions.
• Ammonium lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. Sulfates like these can cause irritation.
• Apricot kernels. This popular scrub ingredient can puncture your skin with tiny tears.
• Avobenzone, octinoxate, and oxybenzone. These common sunscreen ingredients can cause problems for sensitive skin. Look for a mineral-based version instead.
Ingredients to use:
• White tea extract. This extract aids in circulation and is generally non-irritating.
• Green tea leaf extract. Green tea leaf is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
• Sunflower oil. Sunflower oil’s high potency of vitamin E helps repair dry, damaged skin.
• Chamomile extract. Like chamomile tea, this extract is very soothing and can help restore sensitive skin.
• Bisabolol. This plant extract has soothing, anti-inflammatory properties, and is often found in serums and moisturizers.
Want to lead a life well-lived? Start by engaging your mind with interesting, informative material, as these tips and tricks from Sapphire Apartments in San Antonio, Texas!