Meat is a cornerstone of many meals and recipes. For that reason, it’s important to know how to buy the best quality meats available to you. After all, the higher the quality of the ingredients you use to cook, the better your meal turns out! So, without further ado, check out these quintessential meat buying tricks for chicken, beef, and pork, which are sure to come in handy the next time you visit the grocery store or meat market.
How to Buy the Best Chicken:
• Aroma – Chicken should smell neutral. Anything stronger than that, and the meat may be bad.
• Presence of Liquid – Liquid in the package could indicate soggy, less flavorful meat.
• Color – Fresh chicken is pink and flesh-colored, with minimal blood present.
• Texture – Quality chicken cuts are firm, yet have some give when pressed.
What to Look for When Buying Beef:
• Marbling – The more fat-streaked your meat, the more flavorful it will be.
• Color – Bright red or purplish colors are ideal. If the meat is old, you will notice brown spots.
• Lack of Moisture – As a general rule of thumb, fresh cuts will have less moisture.
• Temperature – Beef should be cold enough that it is chilled when you get home from the store.
Picking Out the Best Pork:
• Marbling – Like beef, pork benefits from marbling throughout the cut.
• Color – Fresh pork is a little duller than beef or chicken. Look for a grayish pink color.
• Fat – Ideally, your cut should have a thin layer of fat to aid in tenderness.
It’s not unfair for us to say that living at Sapphire Apartments in San Antonio, Texas is the best! To further improve your daily routine, here are some lifestyle-enhancing tips that will help you revamp your normal way of life in a variety of ways.